January managers meeting minutes
Monday 14th January 2019
Liphook United Clubhouse,
Liphook Recreation Ground at 7.30pm
Time Meeting Opened – 19.38pm
Present : Andrew Oxton (Chairman/U13 Huskies) Jonny Allcock (Vice Chairman/U13 Huskies) Elaine Allum (Child Welfare Officer) Julian Upton (Treasurer) John Raeyan (President) Neil Syred (U10 Jaguars) Graham “Spencer” Jackson (U11 Sharks) Adie Locke (U16’s) Carl Harris (Reserves) Mark Culverhouse (U16 Vipers) Chris Koffman (U9 Wolves/Leopards/U12 Lions) Matt Davies (Vets) Len Goddard (U12 Blues)
Apologies: Steve Harding (U7 Lightning) Liam Bray (U18 Youth) Chris Burdett (U7 Lightning) Kevin Adair (Men’s 1st) Mark Angear (U17 Youth) Angela Waters (Youth Secretary) Andy Keenan (U16’s) Andy D’Amato (U15 Samurai) Paul Godber (U8 Tigers/U9 All Stars)
Not Present: Steve Saycell (U15 Samurai) Stephen Lawrence (U9 Pumas).
Minutes of the last management meeting were signed and confirmed, Spencer proposed and John Raeyen seconded.
Matters Arising from minutes
- The MUGA at Liphook Juniors is not being used as it did not meet the clubs requirements. All have now moved back to Bohunt.
- The men have now moved over to Mill Chase 3G Pitch for training freeing up Wednesday nights at Bohunt
- Mark Angear is now training Thursday nights to as some players train with the Mens at Mill Chase, this has allowed U10 Jaguars to train at Bohunt Wednesday
- Mark Angear Requires new size 5 balls
- Tournament date to be checked with Bohunt for Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June
Lemmy has now moved onto Midhurst FC, Ox thanked him for everything he has done at the club and wish him well in his new roll and new club.
Kevin Adair and Fred Powers have stepped up to run the men’s 1st until the end of the season.
Pitches at Rec – The work has now been carried out.
Youth Secretary Report
There is a FA level 1 course available to booked online
Nigel Booker has had to step down from running the U8 Tigers. A new manager is now required for this team.
Healthy bank account, boosted by the increase in revenue from the clubhouse even though December has been a slow month for fixtures and therefore drink and food sales.
Many outgoings to pay for training and games at Bohunt. More fees to be collected over the next month before the end of Feb deadline.
Club is in good financial shape.
played 2 and won 2, both at home
5th January away won 11-1 (1st game after 6 week break)
12th January home drew 1-1 with Headley
19th January home to Yateley in the quarter final of the cup.
1 game since last meeting which was before Christmas and lost
Youth Football Updates
Liam Bray U18’s – Played 2, lost in Hampshire cup and won 4-1 in League Cup
Mark Angear U17’s – No Report
Adie Locke U16’s – Played 2 games and currently 4th in Division
5th Jan – lost 6-4 to Elstead after being 6-1 down
12th Jan – won 6-3 against Kingswood
Mark Culverhouse U16 Vipers – Played 1 game and currently 3rd in Division
9th December – lost 1-0 to Headley
Andy D’Amato U15 Samurai – No Report
Andrew Oxton U13 Huskies – Played 2 games
Home to Hart and drew 4-4 after leading 4-0 but were down to 9 men
Lost away at Sherbourne 7-3
Len Goddard U12 Blues – Played 2 games
Lost 3-1 to Headley just before Christmas
12th Jan – lost 3-1 to Camberley.
Spencer U11 Sharks – played 2 games, results removed.
U12 Lions – Season so far W3 D2 L3
U9 Leopards – Results removed
U9 Wolves – Results removed
Neil Syred U10 Jaguars – Played 2 games. Results removed
U9 All Stars – No Report
U8 Tigers – No Report
Stephen Lawrence U9 Pumas – No Report
Steve Harding U7 Lightnings – No Report
Any other business :
- Len raised issues over players transferring between teams within the club and no discussions taking place between the managers to discuss the transfer.
- Chris raised an issue of the ATP at Bohunt on Thursday’s with only quarter of the pitch being used for 24 players. JA said he would look into
- Matt required a Med kit for the VETS, one was issued from the spares in the store.
- Carl requested that the men’s changing rooms could be left clean if used.
- John discussed moving forward the bench in memory of Nigel Marr, The money is currently available in a just giving account. JR to speak with Nigel’s daughter over getting the money arranged, MC to get prices.
- John raised that he was informed by the Parish Council that a grant of £1000 is available for the Club, but a request must be put forward to the council, AO is to raise request for the grant and issue to the council
Date of next meeting – Monday 11th February at 7.30pm
Meeting closed 20.36pm